Join The Team!
Rock Island is an amazing place to work. We have a diverse staff of motivated people working to make their community a better place to live. We get to engage with our friends, families, and communities on dozens of our islands to help them get connected to our locally owned and locally operated network.
Title: Business Manager
This position entails managing products, workflows, and customer relationships with Rock Island by direct involvement with people and product management. Flexibility in a rapidly evolving environment, as well as an informational, interpersonal, and decisional approach, are key as a liaison with customers, staff, and management.
• Provide positive and effective communication in a variety of situations
• Provide oversight and direction to employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization’s policies
• Communicate regularly with other managers, directors, EVP, president, and other designated contacts within
• Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance
with organization policies and procedures.
• Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of a assigned
department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal
• Offers assistance in projects as required; willingness to manage projects as requested
• Hands-on management and direct assistance with products, department workflows, and customer relationships
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• High School diploma: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least 2 years’ experience in jobs involving extensive customer interaction and service.
• Basic knowledge of computer and Internet technology.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs;
Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets
• Project Management – Lead employees to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity, quality,
continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops
solutions; Uses reason.
• Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification when necessary; ability to
communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
Last Modified August 30, 2021
• Computer skills – Ability to operate a personal computer using standard and to quickly learn to operate new or
customized software applications appropriate to assigned tasks.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives;
Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under
pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Follows through on commitments.
• General office environment. Field environment if required.