The Grant Coordinator works in a contracted capacity with the Rock Island management team to plan, coordinate and execute the grant application process to support Rock Island’s fiscal goals in support of our community.
The ideal candidate for this role should have proficient organizational skills, ability to multi-task, leadership qualities and initiative, and exceptional writing, budgeting, and monitoring skills.
The Grant Coordinator will identify and apply for various grants that meet the needs of Rock Island Communications, overseeing the grant application process from beginning to end.
- Research various types of grants available to broadband and telecommunication providers and the criteria to qualify for each.
- Communicate available sources of funding with administrative managers via summary briefs and meetings, as necessary.
- Compile necessary information for the application process through collaboration with other employees, database research, and other fact-finding actions and meetings.
- Draft and complete grant applications according to application requirements.
- Ensure grant is submitted on time and within application parameters.
- Complete all documents, forms, or reports required by the grant.
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects that are funded by grants.
- Develop and maintain master files on grants and paperwork connected to programs funded by grants.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal funding sources or the willingness to learn through research.
- The ability to locate potential sources for funding and the ability to research resources.
- Thorough understanding of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable local, state, and federal regulations or the willingness to learn through research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of effective grant writing techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Extremely organized and meticulous with details.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize work and resources.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret financial data and prepare budgets and financial grant reports.
- Ability to be discreet with personal information that may be needed for some grants such as employee salaries or upcoming projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- At least two years of experience in grant writing experience highly preferred.