Affordable Connection Program
The Affordable Connection Program (ACP) is a federally funded program to help families and households’ access and maintain internet access through the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. With everything happening online these days, it’s so important that internet service is accessible. Rock Island is excited to be a participating service provider.
About the ACP Discount
This is a $30 discount on Residential Fiber or LTE only. The Affordable Connection Program provides a discount of $30.00 towards broadband service for eligible households.
The Affordable Connection Program benefit is limited to one service discount and one device per household.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connection Program?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
How To Apply
- Visit https://acpbenefit.org/do-i-qualify/ to see if you qualify. Also, how to apply (https://acpbenefit.org/how-to-apply/) and to fill out the online application.
- Once your application has been approved, send an email to Rock Island at [email protected] with the following information:
- Your application number
- Your signed consent form (this gives Rock Island permission to enroll you in the ACP program)
- Any questions we can answer for you.
- Print an application here or call 833-511-0311 to request one be mailed to you
- Return your completed application to:
ACP Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
- Libraries, schools, and family resource centers in San Juan County are ready to assist you with applying in person if necessary.
What is the ACP Program?
The Affordable Connection Program is a federal program that allows qualifying customers to receive a credit on their monthly internet rate.
How much is the discount?
$30.00 off your monthly Residential Fiber or LTE internet service bill.
How do I qualify?
Check here: https://acpbenefit.org/do-i-qualify/
How do I apply?
- Apply online: https://acpbenefit.org/how-to-apply/
- Request assistance in the local library or family resource center. Paper enrollment forms are also available.
How long will the discount last?
As this is a federal grant program, we don’t know how long the designated funds will last; we will update you as we learn more about the timeframe of this program
Can I use this discount on any Rock Island rate plan?
The discount is applicable to Residential Fiber or LTE Services :
If I lose this discount, how do I keep my costs low?
OPALCO offers an Energy Assist Program (EAP). Rock Island customers who qualify for ACP get discount on their internet service bill