Vice President of Retail, Friday Harbor Store
10:13 19 April in Jobs
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Sales and Operations
Responsibilities: Manage our T-Mobile presence, and the Rock Island retail and repair store
- Overall responsibility for the Rock island retail and repair store in Friday Harbor. This person will manage the T-Mobile retail store 100%, and be responsible for all functions of the T-Mobile franchise, from selling, managing inventory, to closing out the business every day. This person will directly interface with customers daily, and will coordinate extensively with other parts of the company. Will work with vendors and strategic partners and oversee inventory of all retail products.
- Manages all retail activates in our retail stores including selling, managing and ordering inventory, sales accounting, and keeping shelves full.
- Hire and manage all staff and contractors focused on retail and repair services within the store.
- Work with executive staff on store branding and messaging to the public.
- Opens shop and closes it every day; keep shops friendly and positive in spirit.
- Host community gatherings and workshops centered on technology.
- Represent the Rock Island voice and persona in these public forums.
- Minimum Education: High School degree or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: 3-5 years managing a retail environment.
- Project Management – Tracks multi-faceted projects every day and over time.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems efficiently; gathers and analyzes information; develops solutions; uses reason.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification when necessary; responds informatively to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and concisely; edits work; varies writing style to meet specific needs; presents data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
- Familiarity with all leading mobile devices and tablets.
- MS Office, online collaboration tools and messaging services.
- Familiarity with both Mac and PC operating systems.
- Understanding of streaming media outlets and hardware, TVs types and features, cell phones and other popular entertainment methods.
- Deep understanding of home networking, WiFi and popular devices on a home or small business network.
- Work is in a retail store environment, but some of this position’s duties are occasionally performed in the field, including customer premises and computer equipment areas.
- Weekend hours are required.