Field Service Technician
This position is responsible primarily for providing technical services for customers at the customer premise, but may also provide these services from the office or other remote locations. This position also includes providing technical services in support of the company’s internal operations.
- Install equipment and services for customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries and provide them with technical assistance
- Collaborate with Technical Support Reps and other Rock Island staff to schedule, understand, prioritize, and address customer issues.
- Design, build, deliver, and test solutions for customer needs.
- Document time and materials accurately for billing purposes.
- Utilize the appropriate systems to manage customer records, inventory and invoicing.
- Provide a positive and professional greeting to all customers
- Help customers understand our products and programs
- Distribute information and equipment to customers
- Design, build, deliver, and test solutions for internal company technology needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in jobs involving computer and network technology, with an extensive customer service component.
- Strong knowledge of computer and networking technologies.
- Professional Certifications (such as MCP, CCNA) desirable
- Solid understanding of computer systems, and networking and data communications principles.
- Skilled at troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving computer system and networking issues.
- Basic understanding of data wiring (e.g., CAT5).
- Extensive knowledge of Internet Service Provider technologies and equipment, including DSL, Wireless, and fiber optics.
- Solid understanding of system administration for Windows and Mac environments, sufficient to solve customer issues and design solutions, including integration of software and hardware solutions.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification when necessary; ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Follows through on commitments.
Some work is in an office environment, but at least 50% of this position’s duties are performed in the field, including customer premises and computer equipment areas. Some work will be performed outdoors, working with ladders and outdoor equipment such as network equipment cabinets and interface devices.
Extensive travel is required throughout San Juan County by car, ferry, and airplane.
Click the button below to apply for this role:Email Jobs