This position is Rock Island’s primary technology face to the customer. The TSR helps customers by email, in person and by phone, helps them directly, or refers them to the appropriate internal resource to solve their technology problems.
Answers questions about the Company and its products and programs, and routes more complex issues to Tier 2 departments. Helps customers get connected with other internal departments including Sales, Engineering, Accounting, and Operations when needed.
• Work technical support and related case queues to respond to inbound customer inquiries within an acceptable timeline.
• Answer all technical support phone calls that come into the company and answer all voicemails that get left during work hours.
• Support customers on all our networks, including the one we manage – fiber, as well as other networks we support including T-Mobile, Centurylink and any others we may bring on.
• Minimum Education: High School degree or equivalent.
• Experience in a customer-facing role.
• Project Management – Tracks multi-faceted projects over time.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
• A good working knowledge of technology in general and specifically Internet accessibility
• MS Office, online collaboration tools and messaging services.
• Familiarity with both Mac and PC operating systems.
• Familiarity with all leading mobile devices and tablets.
• Understanding of streaming media outlets and hardware, TVs types and features, cell phones and other popular entertainment methods.
• Deep understanding of home networking, WiFi and popular devices on a home or small business network.
Most work is in an office environment, but some of this position’s duties are occasionally performed in the field, including customer premises and computer equipment areas.